Sparrow Combined Technical Skills School prioritizes a learner-centred approach that prepares students for employment and further education. Our hands-on programmes emphasize practical engagement, promoting real-world applications to enhance understanding. We offer a comprehensive education in English, Maths, Natural Science, and Personal and Social well-being, as well as intensive skills-based training in Hospitality and Wholesale and Retail. Our innovative lessons and supportive curriculum enhance learners’ ability to engage with the curriculum, equipping them with practical skills and a well-rounded understanding of their chosen field.
In the Hospitality or Wholesale and Retail classes, learner spend 75% of their time doing practical work and getting a real-life understanding of what it means to pursue a career within that industry. The other 25% of their time is spent in the classroom learning the theory behind the practical. On top of our practical learning, Sparrow Combined Technical Skills School also offers new innovative lessons and a supportive curriculum which has improved the learner’s ability to engage effectively with their school work.
Contact the school for all admissions and school fee queries for the Year 1 to Year 4 2023-2024 academic year or if you would like to take a tour of our campus.
The Extramural Programmes on offer are Djembe Drumming, Choir, Marimbas, Boxing and Boardgames. We have seen these programmes to be hugely beneficial to the learners as they have helped them develop their self-esteem, listening skills, creativity and social skills.
Boys and girls wear the same uniform:
- Grey school trousers
- White shirt
- Navy blue school jersey
- Black school shoes
- Grey school socks
- Blue School Tracksuit (ordered through school)
- White Takkies